Book Across the Bay is entirely volunteer-driven. Race proceeds are distributed back to the Chequamegon Bay community through our Work Groups that help make Book happen each year. Generous businesses in the community also sponsor the event by donating services, goods, and financial resources. We acknowledge all our business sponsors on this page, and with acknowledgement at the race itself. The 2022 Race will directly benefit the following Groups, Clubs, and Organizations:
- Chequamegon Humane Association
- Washburn High School Music Boosters
- Washburn Baseball
- Ashland FIT
- Marengo Valley School
- Ashland High Art Department
- Washburn High Art Department
- Washburn Public Library
- Northland College Athletics (including Lacrosse, Baseball, Volleyball, and Soccer).
- Bayfield Nordic
- Washburn Track & Field
- Northland College Vocal Choir
- ABC Thrift Shop
- Bayfield County Sheriffs Reserve
- Chequamegon Bay Arts Council
- Superior Rivers Watershed Association
Thanks also to the many individuals, businesses and organizations who have offered their time, talents, and resources toward making Book Across the Bay a success. Thank you to:
- Aaron Guski Construction
- Ashland Area Chamber of Commerce
- Charter Spectrum
- Daryl Jolma
- Dan Hinson, Washburn Ranger District, National Forest Service
- Dykstra Construction
- Up North Foods
Special thanks to:
- The City of Ashland for trash receptacles, picnic tables, and providing parking signage and barricades.
- The City of Washburn for clearing snow, removing recycled trees & hay, assisting with parking signage, and providing trash receptacles.
- A tremendous Thank You to the Marengo Valley School for their extraordinary last minute effort lighting luminaires in the wind this year. They, along with 20 Chapter BATB Veteran Drew Mathues, Brenton McPeak, and Dylan Hudson saved the race!
- Thanks also to Super Volunteers Rick Searl & Andrew Okey for decades of incredible support.